21 January 2017

2016 reading


It seems that every year since I got my Kindle and started keeping track of my reading, I read even fewer books than the year before! This year, even though I made a big effort in December, I couldn't manage the previous year's total of 44 and only read 41. I'm determined that this year I will beat that!

I started to get into local author Val McDermid's books later in the year, and saw her speaking at Bloody Scotland. I will definitely be reading more of hers this year. Another local author whose books I really enjoyed was Jenny Colgan.

1. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
2. The World According to Anna - Jostein Gaarder
3. The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage - Sydney Padua
4. Neurotribes - Steve Silberman
5. Hollow City - Ransom Riggs
6. Among Others - Jo Walton
7. Slaughterhouse-five - Kurt Vonnegut
8. The River at Green Knowe - Lucy M Boston
9. The Town in Bloom - Dodie Smith
10. Alex Through the Looking Glass - Alex Bellos
11. Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach
12. Wicked - Gregory Maguire
13. The Year of Living Danishly - Helen Russell
14. The Buried Giant - Kazuo Ishiguro
15. Nerdy, Shy, and Socially Inappropriate - Cynthia Kim
16. The Undrowned Child - Michelle Lovric
17. The Magic Finger - Roald Dahl
18. Carry On - Rainbow Rowell
19. A Game of Thrones - George R R Martin
20. The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami
21. Concretopia - John Grindrod
22. All the Birds in the Sky - Charlie Jane Anders
23. Everyday Aspergers - Samantha Craft
24. Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer - Jane Brocket
25. Vincent - Barbara Stok
26. I am AspienWoman - Tania A Marshall
27. The Periodic Table - Primo Levi (audio)
28. The Mourning Emporium - Michelle Lovric
29. Class - Jenny Colgan
30. Forensics: The Anatomy of Crime - Val McDermid
31. Rules - Jenny Colgan
32. The Mermaids Singing - Val McDermid
33. The Humans - Matt Haig
34. The Wire in the Blood - Val McDermid
35. The Last Temptation - Val McDermid
36. The Lady Astronaut of Mars - Mary Robinette Kowal
37. The Torment of Others - Val McDermid
38. The Man in the Queue - Josephine Tey
39. Hercule Poirot's Christmas - Agatha Christie
40. The Kerracher Man - Eric MacLeod
41. The Little Book of Hygge - Meik Wiking

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...