01 July 2016

Japan Fair

I first went to the Japan Fair, at the STUC in Glasgow, when it was first held in 2011. Around that time I went to a number of such events in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and the STUC one always stuck in my mind as being the best. So, when this year's one coincided with a chance to catch up with my good friend Katrina, I headed off to Glasgow.
The event was extremely crowded! It was difficult to see what was going on, and to move around, but I'm really pleased for the organisers that it was so well attended.

The place was well decorated, and there were loads of interesting things going on. I had a good look round all the arts and crafts stalls. There were also lots of food stalls, and the smells were amazing. I had to hold myself back from eating any of the tempting foods, as Katrina and I were going for lunch afterwards.
There were lots of kimonos available to try on, so I decided to give it a go! It is so much easier having someone else dress me in a kimono than putting one on myself! I'd put my hair up and added a kanzashi to it before leaving home, so it looked good with the kimono.
The place was so crowded that when Katrina finally arrived we were only able to find each other by texting and meeting outside!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...