30 January 2016

This month I have been mostly...


Reading:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and Hollow City, both by Ransom Riggs, The World According to Anna by Jostein Gaarder, and The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage by Sydney Padua.

Watching:
Sherlock, The Young Montalbano, some great old episodes of Top of the Pops from the 70s and 80s, Silent Witness. I'm watching Spin (Les Hommes de L'Ombre), which is kind of a French Borgen, and it has Gregory Fitoussi from Spiral in it. I'm kind of obsessed with the look of the character Valentine, she has such a classic simple French look, and I've started wearing brown eyeliner to emulate that look! I also got Netflix so I could watch Making a Murderer. While I do find it interesting, I was a bit disappointed in the production values - I know there is only so much that can be done with archive footage and prison phone calls, but I did feel it could be done better. I suppose I was expecting a TV version of Serial and it didn't really live up to that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...