06 November 2008

Leonard Cohen

Last night my parents and I went to see Leonard Cohen at the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow. It would be difficult for me to put into words how I feel about this man's music (I don't have the way with words that he does), so you will have to be content with some photos and the list of songs he performed (which I scribbled down in the dark, so it may not be 100% correct!).


Part 1
Dance Me to the End of Love
The Future
Ain't No Cure for Love
Bird on the Wire
Everybody Knows
In My Secret Life
Who by Fire
Sisters of Mercy
Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye
Anthem

Part 2
Tower of Song
Suzanne
The Gypsy’s Wife
The Partisan
Boogie Street
Hallelujah
Democracy
I’m Your Man
Take This Waltz

Encore 1
So Long, Marianne
First We Take Manhattan

Encore 2
Famous Blue Raincoat
If It Be Your Will (performed by the Webb Sisters)
Closing Time

Encore 3
I Tried to Leave You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah must be the singularly most beautiful, if angry piece of music I have ever heard. Glad you enjoyed the concert

Emma said...

Did you hear the BBC radio programme a few weeks back about all the different versions of Hallelujah? It was very interesting to hear them all (but I know which I like best!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...