20 August 2007

A Japanese Landscape

Today I took part in a watercolour painting workshop in the Japanese garden at Lauriston Castle. The Japanese garden, which signifies friendship between Edinburgh and Kyoto, is about 5 years old.

The workshop started off indoors, looking at books on Japanese art and then painting some flowers. We then moved out to the garden, and the sun came out for one of the few occasions this summer! We painted in the Japanese garden for the rest of the morning and all afternoon, and I ended up with sunburn on my neck! It was lovely to meet up with a few ladies who I had met at the museum watercolour course earlier this year, and I met a lot of other people too. It was really interesting to see everyone's different interpretations of the garden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...