20 May 2007

Dundee Degree Show

Before today's woodblock printing class I went along to have a look round the degree show at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design. It was the first time I had been to anything like this, and it was fascinating, although the building was a confusing rabbit warren of a place. First I looked at the jewellery section, where my favourite designer was Barbara MacLeod. Her etched designs reminded me of origami paper and kimono fabrics.

I then went looking for the illustration department, but on my wanders I found some wonderful flower paintings by Chrystelle Guillo, which also had an almost oriental feel to them. I also found some funky dressed up buddha-like sculptures by Claire Craig.

Before I left I needed a rest so I went to watch the films in the animation department. They were all great, but I particularly enjoyed "Mat, the Demented Rabbit" by Mat Kelman.

It was a great experience looking around the show. I will definitely be going along to some more degree shows in the future, as this one was a great source of inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...