25 March 2007

Coloured pencils


Inspired by the drawings of mrana, I decided to start doing some drawing with coloured pencils. When I tried to sharpen the old John Menzies ones I’d had for the past few decades, I discovered the leads were falling apart, so I treated myself to a set of 30 Caran D’Ache Pablo pencils. For my first drawing I wanted to try something with quite a few colours, so I drew one of my favourite necklaces (and one of my best ever bargains – it was only £1 in the Miss Selfridge sale).

2 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Hi Emma,

thanks for visiting my blog. I love Mariana's work too, she's amazing.

This drawing is GORGEOUS. Lovely colours and nice crisp clean lines. lookf orward to seeing more of your work.

Andrea.

E-J said...

Very pretty - and the shadow is so nicely done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...