30 December 2019

This month I have been mostly...


Watching:
I loved finally seeing a War of the Worlds adaptation that was set in the original era of the book. My main familiarity with War of the Worlds is from the audio recording, which I first listened to at primary school, and the TV adaptation differed in some ways from this. I really want to read the book now, as I'm not sure whether I've ever actually read it!

I watched the end of Giri/Haji. I really loved this stylish series full of wonderful characters and a great soundtrack. I think it tried a bit too hard to be stylish, though, with all the split screen, different aspect ratios for flashbacks, dance sequence, animation sequences at the start of episodes etc.

Reading:
I started Val McDermid's Karen Pirie series on holiday, and I continued this month. When on holiday it made me feel close to home to be reading a book set in my local area. Reading the second book when I was at home was a surreal experience as lots of it is set in my own town!

I also started re-reading Sujata Massey's Rei Shimura series recently, as I realised there's a final book I haven't read! I'm hoping to finish my re-read and buy that one soon.

Doing:
I was working my way through editing my holiday photos. I also went to see the pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk at the Adam Smith Theatre with a group of lady friends. We go every year and then have a meal and secret Santa at a nearby Italian restaurant.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...