17 December 2016

Fashion illustration workshop

Something else I took part in at the National Museum of Scotland’s Styling the Nation event was the fashion illustration workshop.

Paper and various pencils, pens, chalks, charcoals, etc. were available. There wasn’t really any set exercise to do – it was just a case of taking the materials and drawing either the mannequins or the models who arrived after a little while.
The clothes on display were all quite bold in shape, but with a lot of detail and texture in the fabric, so they were fun to draw.

I started out by drawing quite bold shapes, and then I added details with fine-liners and a gold pen to represent the patterns on the fabric.
And at the end I was even given a bag to carry my artwork home (just as well, because it was pouring outside.
I liked these drawings that were on display.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...