04 July 2019

High style jewellery at low cost

I recently came across this magazine article about the latest jewellery must-haves, with prices that made me laugh because I have nearly all these items in my wardrobe at a fraction of the cost! In fact, most of these items cost £1 or less, with the most expensive being about £10. Those in the magazine article cost between £29 and £17,700, with most being in the hundreds!

So here are my tips for places to pick up high style jewellery at a low price!

Secondhand:
These beads cost about £1 from a charity shop. Other good places to look for secondhand jewellery include car boot sales, jumble sales, and antique shops.


Make your own:
I've lost one of these earrings, but I still like to wear the single one on its own! I repurposed an old pair of earrings by adding an embroidery thread tassel. The blue beaded hoops in the magazine article would also be easy to make.

Sales:
This necklace and these earrings were very cheap in the sales, I think £1 each. My favourite places to look include Miss Selfridge and Matalan.

Local boutiques:
Have a look around your local towns and cities to find interesting shops that sell jewellery. I've found some really unusual pieces in a couple of Edinburgh shops (although they have both closed down now). This necklace was the most expensive of those I've featured in this post, but at about £10 it was still much cheaper than those in the magazine!

Lucky dip bags:
This beaded bracelet was part of a £1 lucky dip bag at a shop in Edinburgh, which contained other items too. You could also make something like this really easily!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...