23 June 2019

I love... papercuts

When I recently looked through my Japanese and Chinese packaging, I came across a carrier bag from a shop in China that makes cut paper pictures, which inspired this post.
I then went and looked out the papercuts I got in China in 2006. This includes a whole book of pig designs (it was a birthday present from the rest of the tour group, because it was my birthday when I was there, and I was born in the Year of the Pig). 
I also got a lovely cut paper picture of two ladies hanging lanterns, and I hadn't ever got round to framing it. I put it straight in a frame there and then, and it goes perfectly with the other pictures on my living room wall!





At the paper cutting shop

A papercut I did of one of the hotels I stayed at in China

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...