09 June 2019

Beaded clasps

To prove that everything comes around in fashion, here are some beaded hair clasps that I made over 20 years ago, and they have come into fashion right now! To tell the truth, I'm not sure they were even a fashion at the time I made them, they were just an idea that I wanted to try.
I couldn't believe it a month or two ago when I started seeing beaded clasps everywhere - on TV, in magazines, and on the internet. Celebrities and bloggers were wearing them, they were at awards ceremonies and on quiz shows, they were everywhere! And I had been decades ahead of the fashion with mine! And I have to laugh at some costing as much as £75 when mine cost next to nothing to make!

I think I rigged up some sort of homemade bead loom to make the strips of seed beads, then I stitched them to clasps. If you look closely at them, the designs are slightly different - one has arrows, and the other crosses and diamonds.

1 comment:

jujupage1 said...

I've never seen beaded clasps before but they look really pretty.♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...