26 November 2018

Pinvent calendar

I made a pinvent calendar! What is a pinvent calendar, I hear you ask? Read on and find out how to make your own!

Choose 24 pins, badges or brooches. I chose some with a Christmas theme, and others that I felt I should wear more often. 



Wrap them up in tissue paper and seal with washi tape, adding a ribbon to each parcel. 
You could put them in a bag, box, bucket or basket, leaving the ribbons trailing out. I put them in this lovely Shaker basket that I usually keep my washi tapes in.
Each day of December, pull a random ribbon and unwrap a pin. I have decided that I have to wear that pin on that day (I can wear others too). 

This is an idea based on the sleigh full of sweets with attached ribbons that my Mum did each year when I was a child. It's also about appreciating the things you have rather than having to have new things. You could do it with other small items, e.g. toys for a child.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...