28 October 2018

Logo design

I've recently been working on a new logo design for St Ninian's Charity Shop and Café, to use on our social media and printed paperwork. I based it on the idea that the shop and café are at the heart of the community, so I made it a heart shape. I chose blue because it is a colour that appears in our shop sign and the mural on our shutters.

I started with a sketch:

Tried making a version in illustrator:

But felt it would be better with the variation of stroke width possible by using the calligraphic brushes available on the iPad:


I used an online converter to make this into a shape I could import into illustrator:



After which I tidied up the curves a bit.

The other trustees wondered if we could combine it with the existing logo which was text in an oval, so I swapped the colours making the logo white and the background blue. We are still to decide on the exact wording for the logo, but here's how it will work with text on it.

And in a circle as our social media avatar:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...