17 July 2018

Glenrothes display

I was looking through some Glenrothes memorabilia in the run-up to the 70th birthday of the town, but it wasn’t until I hung my new Glenrothes 70 tote bag in the hall that I had the idea of creating a Glenrothes display. 
I kept a couple of the Moomins from my previous display out, because I thought they looked a bit like the hippos that are a symbol of Glenrothes (because of the concrete hippos found around town). I also found a wooden mushroom I’d painted which represent the concrete mushrooms also scattered about the town.
I added some books, postcards, leaflets, and some of the items that I got at the 70th birthday celebrations. I also included a brooch and a piece of pottery that remind me of some of the town art.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...