20 March 2018

Patch collection


It seems like a natural side-effect of collecting pins that I would eventually become interested in collecting patches too! Most of my favourite pin designers seem to design great patches too, so there’s a lot to choose from.

And, of course, I’ve got plenty of patches from childhood – from Brownies, Guides, school and gymnastics. I sewed nearly all of these to a piece of fabric when I was a teenager - one of them had been waiting folded in the fabric all that time to be sewn on, so I've done that now and re-sewn one that was very squint!

There were finally a couple of things that got me collecting patches – I got my Kanken backpack and knew it would be a great place to display patches, and my favourite magazine, The Simple Things, were giving away a free patch with the March issue. I loved their designs so much that I immediately ordered the other three! And I also ordered the Get Lost patch from Hellododo, which will be perfect for my backpack.

The severe weather meant I didn’t get any post for a week, but, when I did, the patches I’d ordered were part of it!

I can’t wait to add more to my collection, and I have the idea of putting some of them on the denim tunic that I like to wear when I’m crafting.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...