03 February 2017

Mucha exhibition

I recently went to see the exhibition Alphonse Mucha - In Search of Beauty at Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow. It was really inspiring!
It was amazing to see his work up close, and I hadn't realised how much gold was used in it - this doesn't come across well in reproductions. I also liked seeing how the faces and hands were quite detailed, and the edges were made bold in places.
It was interesting to see his sketches and realise what an amazing artist he was - not just a designer of chocolate boxes!
There were photographs of some of his models, which I found fascinating.
And I loved the lettering on his artwork too.
As well as the exhibits, there was a fun area with clothing and props for taking selfies!
And I came home with a book and a good collection of postcards. 

Now I really want to do some more art nouveau inspired artwork, like this digital illustration that I did a few years ago!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...