30 August 2016

This month I have been mostly...

This month I have been getting used to riding my new bike, having never ridden one since I was a teenager!

Reading:
I'm still reading the Game of Thrones books, I'm only part of the way through the second one, so not getting through them very quickly! I read The Elephant Vanishes, a collection of short stories by Haruki Murakami. I really enjoyed All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders, which I got out of the library. I worked up a healthy appetite by reading Charry Cake and Ginger Beer by Jane Brocket, all about the food eaten in children's fiction. I also really liked the graphic novel Vincent by Barbara Stok, about the life of Vincent van Gogh.

Listening to:
The Periodic Table by Primo Levi. As a Chemistry graduate myself, I found this really interesting.

Watching:
Mum and I finished watching the final series of The Musketeers. I watched a couple of films that I really enjoyed, Arrietty and The Imitation Game.

Doing:
I went to a couple of Fringe shows and a few art exhibitions. At the end of last month I went to the Hazards conference at Keele University. It was the first time I'd been to something like this, and it was really informative and useful, and I enjoyed the company of the people I went with and those I met there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...