09 November 2015

The Nature of Art Nouveau

When one of my favourite galleries, The Lighthouse in Glasgow, was having an exhibition on one of my favourite art styles, Art Nouveau, I just had to check it out.
While much of the exhibition was photographs, displayed either as slide shows on TVs, or as static images on pillars which were lit up, I still found it really interesting. In fact, I found that I had a real creativity boost after going to this exhibition!

There were also some Mackintosh chairs, and it was fascinating to see all the different styles of chairs he had designed alongside each other.
I was pleased that it was OK to take photos in the exhibition (in fact, one of the staff helped out by taking some photos of me!), and there was also a sizeable exhibition catalogue which was free!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...