25 November 2014

Scandi miscellany

Here are all the random things I didn't have time to fit in anywhere else this month! Above you can see some cool things from Mollie Makes magazine, including an article about collecting Dala horses, and a Scandinavian cushion. The Dala horse cake is in the calendar that was in the latest magazine I bought, and that issue also had a lot of folklore themed items that would have fitted in well with my Nordic themed month.

This little wooden pot from Alesund in Norway was found on the 50p table at an antiques market. I can see that it originally had a painted design on the top which I would like to try to restore. The little dish by Royal Copenhagen of Denmark shows Arhus Town Hall (Arhus Radhus). I bought it because the building reminds me of the clock at the town centre of my town!

This is a gorgeous little retro craft book that I picked up at the Christian Aid book sale in Edinburgh. It's in Danish, but the instructions are fairly easy to understand. The projects include an embroidered horse, an elephant cushion, a fuzzy knitted Scottie dog, and a cat money bag.

I really meant to make some recipes from these cookbooks this month!

This book isn't really Scandinavian, but the cut paper designs in it have a very Scandinavian feel to their designs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...