27 April 2011

Recent vintage and thrifted finds

At an antiques fair recently I got:
A Chinese mother and baby fabric doll (£4)
A pretty dish with cherry blossom type flowers, by Winterling, Bavaria (£1)
A gorgeous (supposedly 1930s) Japanese koi dish (50p) which I just spotted by chance when my dad lifted a watch that was on top of it!
Bright green and orange vintage beads (£2 each). These have turned out to be "in" colours this season, and I'm wearing them a lot!
Japanese paper box (£1 I think)

In the local charity shops at the weekend I got:
A tiny bamboo steamer (50p)
A Royal Doulton Frost Pine jug and bowl (£5)
A bowl similar to the one I already use for green tea (99p)
A vintage brooch (99p)
A St Michael scarf with lovely orange, gold and navy colours on it(99p)
A tiny wooden bed with two teeny people in it (25p)
A little dish with apple blossom on it (seems like I'm starting a collection of little dishes!) (50p)
A bangle with little baskets hanging from it (25p)

In another charity shop last week I got this tiny vase, marked Foreign, for 10p! And I had found 10p on the ground shortly before that, so it seemed like fate!

Another recent find at a charity shop was a little blue birdie, I think he was about 99p.

2 comments:

Construction machinery auction said...

Always do a small spot test on a discreet area of the leather to be sure that this the method you are using will not damage the leather or remove any color or finish.

Emma said...

Errrrr... Thanks, but none of these items is leather, and I didn't mention anything about cleaning them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...