14 June 2007

Frothy green tea

A few days ago I received an order from Mount Fuji, an online Japanese food store, including a bento box (which is far too beautiful to use as my everyday lunchbox) and some matcha green tea powder. Tonight I made a bowl of lovely frothy green tea, and some little marzipan flowers to eat with it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool links. Now I feel the need to spend some money. The box is just gorgeous. I'm not sure about the green tea powder though; I just can't imagine that?! When I did a tea post some time ago somebody recommended jasmine green tea balls. I Googled it - they look amazing and I have sent for some. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really cool, Andrea. I got some cherry blossom tea sachets from Japan that were similar - real cherry blossoms that reconstituted when put in water. I think I still have some so I'll have to get round to taking a photo of them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The matcha looks good. I usally get mine from here - matcha.

    ReplyDelete